some things have such strong associations.
- i can never have croissant and coffee without thinking of suruchi. and that early morng happy feeling. which only croissant, coffee and her company at that hour could induce.
- vague behaviour, piya basanti, understanding without speaking have and probably always will bring back recollections of minal. things, which nobody else can begin to understand... she makes it seem so normal. it's always nice to know that so much madness is normal.
- bright colors, hot, skimpy clothes, baileys, item numbers, dancing, fussing over me like i was d "specialest" person... they're so vibs! sometimes, i feel she's d sister i should've had!
- big words, incomprehensible sentences, foolish accidents... shud i call him "he-who-cannot-be-named?" no, not lord voldemort! a publicity-shy, mega-achiever fren of mine! *yeah, this type is nearing extinction.*
- late night conversations, brain-storming, workaholism, bong music... how else wud i have appreciated d finer things in life, rite joy?
- bright yellow, t-series, sleazy isolated approach lane, bollywood, excel sheets, good food, parle G, fun, madness, chaos, deadlines, numbers, himesh, lack of content, "zones", cliched phrases, bad coffee, good frenz, yellow stars & moons, lunch-hour shopping... hungama, aka home, for a period.
- space & time to sort out d mind, pathway near the lawns, 'pal', 'sacrifice', jagjit singh - all mixed up... chhota, cheese maggi, masti, cold cocoa, common bathroom *with lizards/frogs*, monitor lizards, good memories, chicken on wednesdays & saturdays, camel-cart rides under beautiful starry skies, truck rides to watch a movie, solitude, long walks... i see/hear ANY of these anywhere, i can't help miss MICA. *notice d lack of acads in that list?*
there's so much more... but this is a mere post. and i know, the longer i make it, the more nostalgic i'll feel!
memories, madness... is there a limit to it? am happy to realize there isn't!