the year's seen me do some very uncharacteristic things.
- it's made me live up to my responsibilities. in ways i'd wished i never had to.
- it's helped me find a friend in someone i'd known for a long time... but never really known. and i'm glad for cliches like "it's never too late".
- i've made some good friends online. u know who you are - all of u... and i sure will catch y'all online soon! :)
- two of my now-closest pals have graduated from being blog-pals in this very year.
galadriel: i know how difficult it is to listen to me crib, whine, rave, rant and still be there for me! :D thanks, babes! MUAH!
dewdrop: u made london feel like home. fly down SOON! keep meowing! and heyy... get rid of the ramu kaka merchandise ;)
- i ran off to london. despite having said "never again" last year. fortunately, this time was a lot better!
- i questioned my own decisions. usually, the doubts are before the decisions are arrived at. not after i've decided and gone ahead. but well, there's always a first time!
- vin and i have managed to live through a lot of uncertainties. but i'm not sure the worst is past us. but i do know that it doesn't matter. that if we could tide over these two years... we should be able to tide over the next as well.
- i went ahead and got a tattoo. something i'd been too chicken to do since i was 20. and guess what - it doesn't really hurt!!
- i've realized who my friends are. and people who have their own motives behind being friends with me.
- i've begun appreciating my girl friends THAT much more.
vibs: someday, i'm gonna blog those mails we'd exchanged all those years back. makes me feel real sane today! :D
suruchi: u're probably THE person i'd turn to if i ever need to talk about anything. miss ya tonnes. and i wish i could come down to bbay. and oh, btw... vin now thinks u're on his side. but he's still scared of u! :D
- i'm looking forward to the changes anticipated next year.
on the whole, the year's been an absolute mixed bag. it went from not-so-good to uh-oh to horrible to okay to good to great... all within 12 months! they say all's well that ends well. and we're still here.. living and blogging. and the hope still survives - for a better 2009. and i'm happy with who i am... and the fact that i'm still open to change.. with myself and my life. i love the fact that i've managed to sustain the positivity despite everything that's happened. i am happy and content with the way life is shaping up. and with myself. so i guess it can't be all that bad.
here's wishing all of u have a better 2009! :)