the top 9 things i really really can't get right! there are loads more, but 9's my number!
1. phone conversations. i run out of things to say after 3 sentences. this holds true even for close frenz and hubby. i just can't speak on the phone! there's nothing i can think of saying. i can chat for HOURS, but speak? umm... well, 5 mins is a really long call! one hint: MAIL me, or even better, drop over for a visit! i SO hate telephones!!
2. socialising. i am very anti-social. i can't for the life of me figure out why people need to have big parties or huge get-togethers or wotever they're called. where hoards of people are in one place and appear to have fun. it's SO not fun for me.
3. being a morning person. keep me up all night, but PLZ don't ask me to wake up early! even 9.00 a.m. is early! i CAN wake up *used to, once upon a time, to reach work* but i SO can't speak to anyone for at least an hour after waking up!
4. not buying footwear. i find them irresistible. this urge has now diminished. in india, i HAD to buy even semi-decent looking footwear. the thought was "i CUD wear it SOME place?" i just think there's nothing as sexy as multiple pairs of footwear! *don't ask how many multiples. i don't wanna count!*
5. accepting compliments. i have NO clue how to react to ANY of them. i smile stupidly and say a "thanks" in a volume so low, i doubt even dogs'd be able to hear it!
6. wearing sports shoes. i can make the sexiest sports shoes look like osho slippers. no clue how or why, but i just can't carry them off! gimme those stilletos anyday!
7. chopping onions. i can't. that makes my chopper a treasured accessory. wonder how i'd manage to cook one decent indian meal without it!
8. managing money. i could never figure out what happened to my salary at the end of the month! *and i did get paid well, even by bbay standards!* life's a lot easier now. no income. no money management!
9. maths. i have a mental block when it comes to maths. sure, i can calculate and add small numbers etc. complicate that a TAD bit more, and out comes the calculator!
p.s.: these are not listed in any order of priority, except top of mind!