job: portal management for "prestigious" operator in dubai.
note: all clients are "prestigious", whether in india, dubai or somalia!
portal can be managed, but managing well is what needs to be done.
requirements: people skills. ability to work under tremendous stress. in short, client's a pain in d wrong place. set him/them right. WE *hungama* may be a pain in d wrong place as well. but since u've worked with us, u'll adapt faster!
duration: "post 8 weeks, leave when you wish"
okay, that was verbatim. the boss hath spoken! in true boss-style, very very ambiguous! *wonder if i'd be able to manage any other way!*
client. no comments. this is a public domain. also, i'm am a tad ambiguous on this one.
d boss. current boss, IF i finally get on board. also, d ex-boss *d most recent one*. knowing my penchant for weird bosses, this one's as good as they've been! a teaser on him: *wonder if i can claim diplomatic immunity coz i'm out of india?*
- is "cult"ifying hungama mobile into something that words can't do justice to.
- VERY difficult to get in touch with *i can never get him on mail or phone unless he calls me*
- knows what he wants, and that usually happens to be what the client doesn't want. *what u may want is inconsequential* needless to say, u've got to use those "people skills" that u MAY be paid for & find the middle path and keep both happy!
- does have strange theories, but none is printable in public domains.
- quotes from the 'godfather'; behaves like one too, at times.
- works 24/7. seriously, he does!
- does not understand that "NO" is a valid answer. *told u, he's weird*
supporting cast: 3 unknown names. unknown, coz no1 is telling me about them. i think it's a surprise. or a shock. i shall know, only later.
still unknown: *and, VERY important*
date of leaving - boss refuses to revert on this!
moolah - i know nothing yet, except that YES, they will pay.
so all in all, as chaotic as I'd expect it to be. sometimes, i think he's *d boss* playing a practical joke on me. telling me i'm hired, and not hiring me. hmm... wot was it abt the shrink, i'd sed?
p.s.: this post is now typo-free, thanks to "d boss" :)